As a top e-commerce web design company, we know that design goes way beyond simply making a website look good. A good one entails understanding how a website works. An e-commerce web design is one that merges elements of visual design with a high degree of technical engineering. The goal is to create a consumer shopping experience that is flawless and smooth. Flawless and smooth is always an incentive that can inspire buyers to return and purchase time and again.
What Drives Away E-commerce Shoppers?
There are a number of reasons an e-commerce store experiences bounce. When customers leave a site because of a negative user experience they are likely never to return. Visitors bounce because a site is difficult to use, or they find it difficult to view or access all the products or available information. Visitors also bounce when a site displays its products in sliders that advance too quickly. It makes it difficult for users to remember what they just viewed.
Another downfall of some e-commerce sites is that customers can find themselves stumped trying to figure out shipping arrangements. A bad e-commerce website can sink sales fast and permanently drive away traffic. Your brand can also suffer permanent damage. People do not mind sharing a positive online shopping experience and will share a negative one even quicker.
It is not difficult to think of something that you bought online from a brand you love. When this happens, the product’s design is never an issue. When you prefer, a product design tends not to get in the way. However, a bad web design can only cause confusion, irritation, and friction. This results in abandoned carts and a drop in sales. Good e-commerce web design will showcase products in a positive light and provide a smooth shopping experience.
The Most Reliable E-commerce Web Design Tips
1. Simple and obvious navigation always works best for e-commerce websites. Making something clear always wins out over making something clever. Never force the buyer to guess at anything. Keep the navigation menu in a place where buyers would expect to find it.
2. When there are a lot of products to choose from, keep the search filters simple. Allow buyers to quickly find what they’re looking for and give them an opportunity to undo or change their options.
3. If your shopping cart is not easily accessible, then you may find a high number of abandoned shopping carts. Make the cart easily accessible throughout the entire buying process.
4. Go easy on making users sign up for your newsletter. Quite often, shoppers view newsletters as being another piece of spam. If a visitor is on your site and there is one action you want them to take, it should be to purchase a product. Re-evaluate your e-commerce web design and the position of your newsletter and call to action.
5. It is always best practice to give buyers an option to view as many product offerings on a single page. Keep in mind also that too few products on a single page can have a negative effect. It is the same as walking through a store and finding little product on the shelves.
6. Carousels and sliders can cause confusion. Anything that clouds a buyer’s decision-making abilities should be avoided. Sliders and carousels are typically used when buyers have a challenge in making up their minds. Placing too much information on a slider makes it difficult to view information. Buyers can also get confused as to what is available for purchase.
7. Always use quality photography that gives products a crisp and stunning look.
As a reliable and competent e-commerce web design company, we believe that it is par for the course to keep our clients in the loop at every development stage along the way. This way we can incorporate and make changes without any major challenges that will delay their schedule. We take the time to understand a client’s goals and offer e-commerce web design services that will help clients reach their goals.
When working with ADMS, we will make sure that our efforts always place your customers and their buying needs at the top of the list. We will help to maintain your focus on your audience and not just your product offerings. Take the time to reach out today and speak with the top web design company that has the experience, knowledge, and skills to design e-commerce websites and help you reach your online business goals. Make this the year that you take to elevate your company to its next level of online success.