Local link building is a game changer for businesses looking to build a solid online presence. It’s a local SEO strategy that establishes a loyal customer base, increases brand awareness, and generates revenue. In today’s digital world, businesses strive to improve their search engine rankings to attract more customers. After all, the likelihood of receiving a click for the #1 organic result on the first page is 10 times greater, with an average click-through rate (CTR) of 27.6%.
This article will share valuable tips and tricks to help you identify potential link prospects, leverage effective tools, and enhance your link-building outreach tactics. So, get ready to take your local link building strategy to the next level!
To kick things off, let’s first define local SEO link building.
What is local SEO link building?
Link building is obtaining links from other websites that direct traffic to your website. These links are known as “backlinks,” “inbound links,” or “incoming links,” and they can help drive more traffic to your website.
When it comes to local SEO ranking factors, link building takes a more targeted approach. Local link building involves acquiring backlinks specifically from relevant local businesses. Its primary objective is to improve visibility in organic local search results and attract more traffic from local customers who are more likely to convert into paying customers. By focusing on local link building, businesses can enhance their online presence and establish themselves as authoritative sources in their local community.
Why is link building for local SEO important?
First, it builds local authority by getting other local businesses and websites to link to your website. When other companies link to your website, this tells search engines that your business is a relevant and valuable resource in your local community.
Second, local link building for SEO improves local search rankings. Search engines use links to determine the relevance and authority of your website. When you have high-quality links pointing to your site, search engines view your website as a more trustworthy and authoritative source, which can improve your local search rankings.
Lastly, it drives local traffic. When other local websites link back to your website, people interested in your products or services may discover your website through these links and become potential customers.
Winning Link Building Strategies for Local SEO
Link building is undoubtedly a piece that will complete your local SEO strategy. However, what are the effective ways to get high-quality backlinks? Let’s dive right into the first local link building strategy we recommend.
1. Get listed in local directories.
Many online directories are specific to local businesses, such as Yelp, Google My Business, and TripAdvisor. These directories can help your business get discovered by local customers and provide valuable website backlinks. Claim and optimize your business profile on these directories, and encourage customers to leave reviews.
2. Reach out to local bloggers and influencers.
Local bloggers and influencers can be a powerful source of local backlinks. You can contact them and offer to collaborate on content or ask if they would be interested in featuring your business on their website or social media channels. This can help you reach a wider audience and earn valuable local backlinks.
Here are some ideas on how local businesses can collaborate with local bloggers and influencers:
- Sponsored posts – These posts can be shared on the blogger’s or influencer’s social media channels and website, providing valuable exposure for your business.
- Guest blogging – Local businesses can offer to write guest blog posts for local bloggers and influencers, providing them with valuable content while also promoting their products or services.
- Product reviews – Local businesses can provide local bloggers and influencers with their products or services in exchange for a review on their blog or social media channels. Product reviews can help build credibility for the business and provide valuable exposure to potential customers.
- Social media takeovers – Local businesses can partner with local bloggers and influencers to take over their social media channels for a day or week. This can expose the company to the blogger or influencer’s audience while providing valuable content for their social media channels.
3. Sponsor local events.
Sponsoring local events is not only a great way to support your community, but it can also help you earn local backlinks. Many event organizers will feature their sponsors on their website and social media channels, providing valuable exposure for your business.
Here are some examples of local events that local businesses can sponsor and support:
- Community festivals
- Local sports teams
- Charity events like walkathons, runs, or bike rides
- School events such as school plays, talent shows, or science fairs
- Art exhibitions or galleries to support local artists
4. Create local content.
Creating local content, such as blog posts or videos, can help you establish your business as an expert in your local area. You can include information about local events, attractions, or landmarks and feature other local businesses in your content. This can help you attract local backlinks and establish your business as a valuable resource for the community.
When you’re ready to launch your local content, here are ways to obtain backlinks for your posts.
- Start with excellent content that resonates with your audience. Conduct thorough research to understand audience interests and create articles that cater to their needs. If your content provides value, readers will naturally link back to it.
- Promote your posts on social media platforms to maximize their visibility. As your content gains traction and more people share it, you’ll have a higher chance of attracting bloggers looking for quality content to link to.
- Stay active on social media platforms like Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook to establish yourself as a local authority and build relationships with other businesses. By doing so, you’ll be able to acquire backlinks naturally as your reputation grows.
The Bottom Line
Building high-quality backlinks is crucial for improving your local SEO and driving more traffic to your website. By creating valuable content, leveraging local directories, collaborating with bloggers and influencers, and sponsoring local events, you can establish your business as a local authority and attract more customers in your area. Building a solid local link building strategy takes time and effort. Still, the long-term benefits are worth it for any local business looking to improve its online presence and visibility.
Expand your local reach with ADMS.
With years of experience and a proven track record of success, Advanced Digital Media Services can create a customized local SEO strategy tailored to your business needs. As a seasoned web designer in Edwards, CO, ADMS can help improve your website’s search engine rankings and drive more traffic to your business.
Contact the team today to learn more about our local SEO services and how you can expand your local reach!