A good grasp of the basic elements of online store management has become a must for retailers and entrepreneurs alike. Entrepreneurs sell their products to many niches, and more e-stores are opening daily as online shopping becomes more popular. It is a fantastic opportunity if you’ve been thinking about opening your online store. Online store management software is available, there is a market, and tons of articles on the internet will help you do it.
In the next section, you’ll learn how to manage an online store and the best ways to optimize the effectiveness of your online strategy from Day 1.
How to Manage an Online Store
Online store management is like a tentacle, which expands as you succeed. It’s crucial to step back when your business is expanding in all directions. You need to look at other tools to help you build a better online store management system.
Here are the top six online store tips to help keep you going and growing:
1. Make your website design simple and clutter-free.
Keep your website simple with just HTML and a consistent look across all pages. Choosing the suitable website design template will determine how your e-commerce site looks and feels and how easily it can be updated and maintained.
Keep it as clutter-free as possible! Avoid large pictures and fonts that are hard to read to help speed up page load times and keep your focus clear. Calls-to-action and product links should draw visitors to your site.
For example, you can organize and group your products with menus. They should be consistent and easy to navigate. You can link to Home, Categories, or Product Pages to ensure they’re quickly found. This is important for user experience and will also aid in sales conversions.
2. Create a mobile-responsive store.
Merchants must ensure their website design is mobile-friendly due to the increasing use of smartphones for online shopping. A mobile-responsive store will make it easy for buyers to shop on any device. To ensure their website is responsive, tech-savvy sellers check operating system guidelines for requirements. Some merchants use online store templates to make their websites mobile-friendly.
Here are additional online store tips to ensure your website is mobile-responsive:
- Choose vertical designs over horizontal ones for better scrolling on your phone screen.
- Check your store’s responsiveness on mobile devices by downloading it onto a smartphone and browsing the site to find any errors.
3. Ensure that your store is SEO-friendly.
To get customers to your online store, you must have traffic. How do you generate traffic? Search engine optimization. Your site will rank higher in search engine results if you include SEO keywords in your product descriptions and titles. Increased visibility is key to more site visits and conversions.
Here are some actionable tips to make your site SEO-friendly.
- Use SEO tools for keywords with high monthly search volumes and low keyword difficulty to rank your site.
- To see your search results, type in keywords that you are interested in adding to product pages. Consider changing the term to something more competitive if you see results from major websites.
4. Provide help desk or live chat support.
Customers need to feel that they can get support after making a purchase. You can convert potential buyers into loyal customers by providing support after the purchase.
Even if you don’t have the time or resources to provide 24/7 support, it is still possible to offer assistance to people during work hours. Live chat is the best type of support, and it works 24 hours a day. An online store management software can include this tool. It can improve your site’s conversion by 10%.
Here are some tips to offer excellent online support:
- Support at every stage of the shopping process to encourage new customers to make their first purchase and return customers to keep making purchases.
- Make customer support features visible from the homepage.
5. Offer popular payment options.
Online stores cannot exist without payment. Allow your customers to make purchases quickly by offering various payment options.
PayPal is the most popular payment method, but there are many other options that you can consider. Check Search Engine Journal’s Top 10 Most Popular Online Payment Solutions to see if another payment method is available.
Here are some practical tips to provide payment options:
- Sellers can create an account in your store to save their payment information and make future purchases easier.
- Provide various payment options to make it easy for customers to shop at your store.
6. Build customer trust with product reviews.
Reviews and ratings greatly enhance your trustworthiness. Online shoppers cannot meet sellers face-to-face, so they rely on feedback from other buyers to evaluate merchants. Ratings on product pages are quick and easy ways for customers to share their opinions about the product.
Reviews are more persuasive when there are a lot of them. Ask customers to leave reviews after they have made a purchase. Customers who are happy with the product won’t be inclined to leave a review if everything is fine. If you push them, they will likely share their positive experience with others.
Here are some practical tips for using product reviews:
- Indicate the average rating and the number of reviews on each product page. Also, indicate the content of any reviews to improve the visibility of feedback.
- Incentivize buyers to leave reviews by offering a small discount after making a purchase.
E-commerce businesses have the potential to grow massively. Follow the tips we’ve shared to build and grow your online store.
Don’t be afraid of trying new things with your store. You can start slowly and then gradually increase your efforts. While some changes might not work every time, each failure can be a learning opportunity.
You can also enlist the help of ADMS, a company specializing in all things SEO in St. Pete. ADMS has seasoned teams that can set up your e-commerce website and lead you on the path of making a profitable and lucrative venture while having fun.
Time to get creative! Contact ADMS for more tips and comprehensive guides to online success.