We suggest that companies first build relationships that can make off-page SEO tactics achievable. Of course, the best way to build those relationships is to show value to the company you hope to get a link from. To do this, you may have to stand out a little. While social channels can offer a big win, never forget that face-to-face is an option as well to build relationships.
Start your journey by doing competitive research. Use software tools to determine where your competition gets their backlinks from. Keep in mind, too, that you may not find your top competitors on the first or second page of Google. However, choose five that rank in your field to start with.
In the meantime, be sure to measure your own metrics like referring domains, backlinks, and search positions for your keywords to find out where you can improve your performance.
Your Off-Page SEO Deserves Attention
Marketers should give off-page optimization the attention it deserves. Off-page SEO refers to all the activities that occur away from a website to raise its ranking. Link building is a form of off-page SEO, but there are numerous elements that go beyond building inbound links. These can include marketing for social media and social bookmarking.
An extended list of off-page SEO activities can include directory submissions, commenting on sites, social networking sites, article submissions sites, submitting infographics, and joining particular groups.
- Submitting to a directory can add to your site’s domain authority and help increase traffic to a blog if you have one. Google and other search engines tend to give more importance to blogs when site owners enact a directory submission, which can also lead to quality backlinks, a known ranking factor.
- There are still article submission sites where you can earn traffic through guest blogging, but remember that every site has its own rules for submission.
- Everyone is, at least, aware that social media is a great way to market their website. The venues that easily come to mind are Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Some webpages will allow comments. You may be able to create backlinks from here, but you have to be careful to target only those high-quality blogs that allow “do-follow” backlinks. Your site has to be high quality as well. It would make little sense for anyone to allow links to your site if it is not totally relevant to their cause. Be careful not to leave backlinks where they are not wanted. Bloggers sometimes trash or spam comments that are out of line.
- Photo sharing sites can offer a number of off-page SEO possibilities, too. Share images that move and inspire people, and they may be willing to link back to your website. You can create a list of photo-sharing websites, or your digital marketing agency can make it part of your overall SEO strategy.
- You can also promote your blog through social bookmarking sites. Social bookmarking is any online service that enables users to edit and share bookmarks of web documents.
- Question-and-answer forums should also be on your list when considering off-site optimization. Find those forums that are relative to your blog. You may be able to answer and ask relevant questions, whereby you can add links to your answers or questions. Think of venues like Quora and Yahoo Forum.
- Ping your own blogs to alert search engines that you have updated content on your blog. Feed-Shark and Ping-O-Matic are two source examples.
- Infographics are still a great way to brand, show authority, and create a little off-page SEO.
Building Brand Sentiment
Positive brand sentiment is the ingredient that produces effective off-page SEO. Unique content is at the core of a successful brand. Your content should revolve around the interests and needs of your audience. Some marketers also build their brand by creating content for a high-ranking site of their own and linking back to another desired site they own.
These are just several of the tactics marketers and site owners can use to grow their online business. Build brand sentiment with content that is useable, useful, findable, credible, desirable, and shareable.
On-page and off-page SEO could be challenging for a typical online business owner. It is both a science and a discipline that changes each time search engines produce a new ranking algorithm.
At Advanced Digital Media Services, being one of the best digital companies, we have SEO experts with the knowledge, skills, and experience that can help you grow your business in the online arena. Fill out the form below to talk with our representative.