There are various fresh and effective ways to promote your business’ e-commerce website.
Fresh ideas and established techniques alike set yourself apart from the competition and open new doors of opportunities for your brand. Small and big businesses are in the same battleground — the quest to get consumers’ attention and let them know you offer the best options out there.
If you’re a novice in e-commerce and online marketing, there’s no need to cower behind the lines. There are tried-and-true methods to promote your online business. Remember that the goal is to convert as many website visitors into loyal customers as possible. Here’s a deep dive into the best ways to promote an e-commerce website.
What Is An E-Commerce Business?
Also known as electronic business, an e-commerce business sells or purchases tangible goods and services over the internet or any other electronic medium. It also involves electronic transfers of data and funds between two or more parties. In other words, it is what people know as online shopping.
There are different types of e-business websites, such as:
- B2B (Business-to-Business): Online transactions of either services or goods between companies.
- B2C (Business-to-Consumer): Online transactions of either services or goods of a business and a consumer.
- C2C (Consumer-to-Consumer): Online transactions of either services or goods between consumers — through buy-and-sell websites like eBay, OLX, and Etsy.
- C2B (Consumer-to-Business): Online transactions of either services or goods between an individual and a company.
How To Promote An E-Commerce Website?
Up-and-coming and established online businesses should keep up with the best ways to promote an e-commerce website. Doing so will lead to higher conversions and better sales. Invest time, effort, and money to see a positive spike in your online business’s growth.
Here are some promotion tactics to try:
1. Turn Your Attention to Customer Experience.
Customer-centric e-commerce websites leave the impression that they value their customers. Focusing on customer experience is an effective way to show your target market that you care. You can do any of the following:
- Use chatbots
- Include a live chat option
- Respond to customer reviews
2. Utilize Search Engine Optimization.
Your online presence is another pivotal factor. Most consumers turn to the internet to search for answers to their queries about any service or product. If your website doesn’t show up on the first page of top search results, you’re hurting your business unknowingly.
Here are three I’s you can do to optimize your brand’s website:
- Improve your website’s loading time
- Invest in making your website mobile-friendly
- Integrate the right keywords in your website’s content.
3. Offer Limited-Time Coupons and Discounts.
Both of these things will pique the interest of your website visitors. It’ll drive them to check out items in their online shopping cart. You can promote discounts and coupons through social media advertisements, emails, and PPC ads.
The limited-time coupons will urge your customers to check out the items before the coupons expire. Running a flash sale will also push people to purchase because, believe it or not, people sometimes fear missing out on sales.
4. Produce Industry-Related Content.
Providing valuable and relevant information to your target audience will allow people to know you more. It’s an opportunity you shouldn’t miss. Here are different types of content you can create:
It would be best to establish consistency in publishing the content, and a content calendar will come in handy. This approach will drive significant traffic to your e-commerce site.
5. Send Personalized Promotional Emails.
When people subscribe to your newsletters or mailing lists, it’s an opportunity to send them promotional emails. Being a subscriber means they want to know about your brand’s offers in the future.
This method doesn’t mean that you’ll send generic emails weekly or monthly. You should take the time to tailor each email to the specific interests of each consumer. When they see that the emails sent to them are not just any other email in their inbox, they’ll feel more valuable.
Here are some ways to personalize a promotional email:
- Use the consumer’s name on the subject line and salutation
- Focus on the promotions of the consumer’s interests
- Offer a unique promo code that only an individual can use
- Send product recommendations based on their buying or browsing patterns
6. Host a Giveaway or a Contest.
Use your brand’s social media account to promote a product giveaway or a contest. This e-commerce and digital marketing tactic will get the word out about your business. The contest guidelines can include tagging a specific number of people and sharing the post itself.
There are different approaches you can take, including the following:
- Take a photo of a product they purchased and post it across different platforms. You can also provide a set of hashtags they should use.
- Let them post a product and use the number of likes as a determining factor of the winner.
- Have them post the same branded photo and whoever has the best caption wins the contest.
Implementing one or all of these tactics guarantees that your brand will emerge victorious in the online shopping industry.
ADMS Can Help
We have what it takes to give your business the exposure it deserves.
ADMS offers comprehensive e-commerce services, among others. You can rely on us, so contact us today!