Positive change is a hallmark of every New Year’s resolution. Something magical about this “new” aspect inspires us to be better versions of ourselves. Setting realistic New Year’s Resolutions requires you to set both challenging and achievable goals without making it feel overwhelming.
A solid SEO strategy is essential to ensure that customers can easily find your e-commerce business online. Setting goals for your business ventures is easy as long as you have the right attitude and know how it can be done. Here are eight easy SEO resolutions to get your SEO strategy moving in the new year.
SEO Resolutions for Success in the New Year
1. Focus more on your site speed.
How does website performance impact SEO? Will it still matter in 2023?
Our answer? More than ever before. But don’t just take it from us – here’s what Google says:
People who experience a slow website performance are less likely to stay on the site for long to browse or make a purchase. Furthermore, a slow website will be less likely to appear in search results. It means that if your website is slow, you’re actually losing potential customers in different ways.
2. Increase your SEO knowledge.
Understanding SEO basics is the first step to establishing a successful online shop in the new year. Although SEO knowledge and techniques have now become standard for websites to improve their internet visibility, many website managers still need to learn the basics.
3. Check your content’s E-A-T.
E-A-T stands for Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness. You must include these three elements in your content to rank on search engine results.
Is content still king? The answer is a resounding yes! If you are looking to rank high in search engine results, these are the three best pieces of advice Google offers:
- Include keywords in your title: Make sure your title includes your desired keyword.
- Include keywords in the URL: If there are many pages on your website, ensure that the URL contains the most important keywords.
- Include keywords in your content: You should include the essential and synonyms for the keywords you are trying to rank for.
4. Make sure your site is well-organized.
Your site’s layout and design will impact your search engine performance and website user experience. Site visitors should find your website easy to navigate, and it should be logical. Google will have more context clues from this site to help them understand your website’s focus, such as which products and keywords are most important to your store.
You can organize your site by visualizing it as a brick-and-mortar store. What items should have their categories and subcategories? This will give you an idea of how to set up your product category hierarchy.
5. Make crawling your site easier for search engines.
Search engines should find your site efficiently and only index the most important pages. This is crucial to any online store’s success. Here are some of the most critical technical aspects you should be aware of:
- Sitemap.xml: This allows search engines to find pages on your website by URL. This format is preferred by most search engines when there are many pages to be crawled or indexed. You should submit this sitemap to Google and Bing.
- Robots.txt: This gives you greater control over the pages you want displaying in search results. This file is a guide to help search engines decide which pages they should show up in search results. You can also declare your XML sitemap within the robots.txt text file so that search engines can find it when they crawl your website.
- 301 redirects: Properly redirecting URLs to 301 pages can help you maintain your organic rankings. This allows visitors to 404 pages to be directed to updated content or designs. Forwarding URLs must be treated with care. Check out our blog post on 301 redirects if you’d like more details.
6. Review your link-building strategy.
Your online visibility is dependent on your links. To rank, you need to have backlinks to the right websites.
Link building should be viewed as a smooth process. It should be viewed as an enjoyable part of your search marketing strategy. It is essential to review your link-building strategy regularly throughout each year to ensure you are building quality backlink profiles.
It would be best if you focused on the following in 2023:
- Receiving endorsements from other businesses (case studies and testimonials).
- Guest blogging allows you to build links from authoritative sites via link building
- Link-building from well-respected directories
7. Optimize keywords to reach a particular audience.
Many store owners rush to get as much organic traffic as they can. This makes it difficult or expensive for their keywords to rank. Solve this problem by defining a target market and then focusing keywords on your target audience. Here are some quick tips:
- Get a deep understanding of your industry and market. After defining your market, learn more about what your audience reads, views, visits, or is interested in. Focus on a new market or segment, a geographical area, or an entire market.
- Use keywords that are specific to your target audience in your keyword research. You can use these phrases to describe products in the context of the target market and the language they use. These phrases are also less competitive and more likely to convert.
8. Eliminate duplicate content.
Search engines won’t tolerate duplicate content, so ensure that no duplicate content appears on any page. Make sure every landing page has a title tag and a meta description. Also, ensure that the website URL and any on-page copy are unique to that page. It would help if you did not use a manufacturer’s product description for your website. There’s a good possibility that other retailers will do the same. Therefore, you’ll need to rewrite these descriptions to have original content.
Start planning for your success now with these New Year’s Resolutions, and you will be rewarded next year when you reflect on everything you have learned and accomplished.
Advanced Digital Media Services Is Here To Help You Welcome the New Year with a Bang!
Do you need help with coming up with your search marketing strategies? Advanced Digital Media Services (ADMS) has the right team with experts in SEO in St. Pete to assist you. You can trust ADMS to help you improve your online presence and build your brand with an SEO strategy that suits you. Contact us today and speak with our SEO expert to find out more.