Email marketing is not difficult, but it takes an expert to put together an effective program. Email marketing helps users to understand a business brand in better ways than traditional advertisements. Look at it as an effective tool that can help inspire user interest.
With the right methods, marketers can help a company grow rapidly. We have provided a list of some of the best ways to put an email marketing strategy in place and grow your business.
- Grow an email list like your business’ life depended on it. You can grow your email list when building a subscriber’s list. Monitor your customer’s online activities and start crafting an email message that speaks directly to each of them in a unique way.
- Just like regular content headings, an effective email heading can grab your readers’ attention. A heading will be the first thing that email readers see. Keep in mind that most people ignore the thousands of emails they receive. Give them a reason to open your email with a “wow” heading.
- Keep your email conversations informal. People respond better when there is less formality. Write in a style that puts your prospects and customers at ease and familiarizes them with your company.
- Part of a good email marketing strategy is to also design emails in a flexible format. There is an endless array of templates that allow you to design newsletters that create the best user experience. Experiment with content, templates, and colors to get the feel and results you want.
Set the Right Goals
Your email marketing campaign strategy must start with setting reachable and measurable goals. Consider the following examples:
- Welcome new subscribers. Create a welcoming email that tells them all about your business and its products and services.
- Boost reader engagement with the nature of your content and business offerings. Promote seminars and webinars. Promote a new sale or a product upgrade. The list of possibilities is endless.
- Design emails that will nurture your current subscribers or those who are still on the fence. Above all, provide content that they can value.
- There will always be inactive subscribers. Write content that reengages them.
Understand and Use Technology Wisely
There are numerous email services on the market that offer tools to help you put together successful email campaigns. These tools generally provide features that include automation, workflows, and templates. Some can integrate with your own software, depending on its type. An example would be WordPress or OptinMonster. Some software will also enable you to segment your audiences and provide an in-depth analysis of how your email marketing campaign performs.
Consider Your Opt-ins
There are opt-in forms you can create that will inspire prospects to sign up for your products or offers. Consider the following opt-in forms.
- A welcome gate can appear when people first land on your website. Just keep in mind there are always people who want to go directly to the information or products they searched for. Make sure people can get straight to their content when ready.
- An exit-intent popup can show when visitors are ready to leave your site. If you have a compelling lead magnet, this can be the perfect time to introduce it.
Emails can include updates along with promotional and relational content. As you get better with email marketing campaigns, new ideas will surface. Take a look at what your competitors offer. There is no reason you cannot sign up for one of their newsletters. It is good investigative marketing on your behalf.
What to Avoid
Of course, there are definite things you should avoid in your email marketing strategy. Never send the same email to every subscriber. Keep thinking of new deliveries, but keep your branding consistent across all of your campaigns. The last thing you want is for subscribers to become bored and trash your emails. Also, do not send one to all of your subscribers at the same time.
There’s much you can do with your email campaigns. It may take time and a little experimentation but keep at it. We recommend that you work with digital marketing experts, who have helped companies like yours find new ways to reach out and engage their customers.
Email marketing is but one avenue to explore. To remain competitive, your company needs to examine the entire SEO landscape. There is a lot of ground to cover. However, you can rest assured that those companies who appear on the first or second page of Google in your niche have their digital marketing finger on the pulse. As a premier local SEO company, Advanced Digital Media Services can consult with your business, learn its operations and your goals, and suggest an SEO approach that can bring about greater leads and conversions.