Search engine optimization is essential in drawing attention to your business. It leads potential customers to your website, where they can learn more about the products and services you offer. To optimize your website, you should pay attention to these two practices: on-page SEO and off-page SEO.
The two are different from each other, and both are important for the success of your SEO strategy. On-page SEO is mainly focused on optimizing your website, while Off-page SEO is focused on building the quality of your content to gain backlinks from a trusted website, thereby building the authority of your brand.
In this article, we will discuss On-page vs Off-page SEO, their importance, and how they can affect your SEO campaign.
You must be wondering why on-page SEO is important. On-page SEO is the process of optimizing the main parts of your website to influence your rank in search engine results. Your search engine ranking can be affected by several factors such as page speed, quality, content, accessibility, and keywords.
An effective On-page SEO strategy would prioritize the following:
- Title Tags – Once you have your target keywords, put them in the title tag of each page on your website. Don’t forget to limit the tags to 55-60 characters and include your brand name at the end of each title tag.
- Headings – Headings are the first words you will notice on a page. That’s why it is crucial to optimize the headings of each page on your site and write it in a way that reflects your main content.
- Page load speed – Since Google aims to provide users with what they need as quickly as possible, your page load speed matters. When you optimize your web pages to load faster, it will get Google’s attention as a trusted site, and it will lead more people to your content.
- Mobile accessibility – Recently, Google has been ranking websites based on their mobile-friendliness. The best way to know if your site is accessible via mobile phone is to run your URL to a test Google made to measure websites’ mobile-friendliness.
- Content – It is also important that you consistently publish substantial content that will benefit your prospective customers. If a user searches for something specific to what you offer, your website will be one of the first ones to appear.
- Internal links – Internal linking is the process of linking your content to other pages on your website. These links should be relevant to the anchor text it is linked to and should be useful to your visitors as well. With a good On-page SEO strategy, you can use your own content to site other pages on your website, thereby increasing your rank in search results.
- Overall page experience – On top of all the ranking metrics Google uses for SEO, page experience is the latest. It measures the mobile-friendliness of your website as well as the safety of your users’ information and HTTPS security.
Everything mentioned above is important to optimize your website and ensure that it is enjoyed by all of your users and potential customers. When your users are satisfied with your content, it will be easier for your website to rank higher in search results.
Unlike on-page SEO, off-page SEO mainly focuses on increasing the authority of your website across the internet. This can be done by getting links from trusted websites. If you have an effective off-page SEO strategy, your brand awareness will most likely grow, increase engagement, and boost your sales. The most significant factor that affects your off-page SEO is the number of trusted and quality backlinks to your site. Here are some ways you can increase the number of links to your website:
- Create relevant and valuable content
- Focus on social media shares
- Reach out to strong influencers in your industry
Always remember that the quality of your backlinks is more important than the quantity. The first and most effective step to earning quality backlinks is to create valuable and shareable content.
Which is More Important?
Although it is also important that your SEO strategy focuses on both your on-page and off-page SEO, it is advised that you establish your on-page SEO first before focusing on off-page SEO. Keep in mind that you must set the foundation inside your website before directing your attention to anything else. Being able to balance these two is the key to a successful website.
If you are looking for on-page SEO services that will handle all your SEO strategies for you, Advanced Digital Media Services will help you rank on the first page of search results with quality content and professional web design. Visit our website to know more about our services and contact us now!