Having just an ordinary website is no longer good enough. For your dental practice to stand out in a crowded online environment, it must be well thought out and expertly designed. Your website design should make your brand and mission instantly recognizable and keep your dental practice front of people’s minds, whenever they require dental services.
This easy-to-read yet informative article will highlight some handy tips and website design tricks to help you design a dynamic site for your dental practice and increase patient bookings.
Website design statistics show that 94% of people trust websites or brands based on their web design. A well-designed website ensures that your practice appears more professional and trustworthy. Your customers will feel that your practice is up-to-date, modern, and has nothing to hide.
In this post, you will learn website design tricks aimed at helping you make a great first impression. We will dive into how visually appealing websites establish your brand in the minds and hearts of patients and prospects. These tips and tricks will also help attract traffic and convert visitors into appointments.
Let’s get to it.
Website Design Tricks for Dental Practices
Websites are an integral part of any business, even in the dental industry. A website can be an excellent tool for helping you grow your practice. Your brand will be more trustworthy and better known to potential clients. A website allows potential clients to find you and learn more about your practice.
Your website can significantly impact how people see your practice and whether they make an appointment. It should be optimized and well-designed to help you attract new patients.
Here are five essential tips to help your website attract more traffic and make a lasting impression.
1. Keep content fresh.
“Fresh” content is a critical component of any successful website. If visitors see your website with 2013 dates or expired promos, they may wonder if the rest of your practice is up to date.
You need to keep your website’s content up-to-date to avoid causing a poor user experience. For example, incorrect information, broken links, and outdated phone numbers can make users feel that you don’t care about your practice or how people see it. Each page on your dental website should be reviewed and updated at least once a quarter. You should:
- Maintain an active blog with new articles and videos.
- Update staff photos and bios.
- Change or take down expired announcements.
2. Create a bio page.
Expertise and trust are critical factors influencing dental marketing. People decide whether to utilize your dentistry based on whether they can trust you and how they see your level of expertise. You can establish your expertise and build trust through your website.
Use your website to tell viewers about yourself and others who work at your practice. This way, existing and potential patients can feel that they know you or, at the very least, have a connection with you. A Meet the Dentists or About Us page is the perfect way to tell website viewers about yourself and your practice and establish a connection with potential new patients.
On your page, make sure to:
- Explain clearly why you chose to become a dentist.
- Provide a description of what makes your practice unique and what it offers. You should also highlight the people who work there.
- Add biographies and photos of all dentists working there. At the very least, include a picture of your office that includes staff members and hygienists. If your office is small enough, you can include bios and individual photos for them.
- Include at least one call-to-action on the page.
3. Make appointment bookings easy.
A good website will attract numerous visitors, but this is only useful if you can convert some visitors into patients. One way to do this is to include an easy-to-use, visually attractive appointments page. An appointments page acts as a call to action, and it prompts the viewer to make a mental commitment.
4. Showcase your brand everywhere.
Dentists may believe that branding is unnecessary; however, this is a misconception, as branding is just as crucial for dentist practices as it is for any other business. Effective branding establishes your company image in customers’ or patients’ minds.
Your brand is your story, and you can tell it in many different ways. Consider the following factors when building your website and establishing your brand.
- Think about your color scheme and how it “says” something.
- Carefully consider the messages, words, and tone you use. It is best to sound different from other dental practices and establish your unique brand?
- Make sure your imagery is relevant to your target audience. Use a photo of your family in your bio if you are serving families.
- Use small fonts in contrast with the background colors.
5. Incorporate online reviews.
Most consumers make decisions based on online reviews. Reviews, especially on Google and Facebook, dramatically influence patients’ choices. Indeed many people trust reviews as much or more than their family members.
- Use testimonials on your website and also include them on your pages.
- Include before and after photos of satisfied patients.
- Make simple videos of testimonials from multiple patients. Videos keep your visitors on your website longer and help with SEO.
The Bottom Line
Dental practice website design principles help build a successful website that drives new patients to your clinic. Professional website design features allow dentists to achieve the online presence and traffic their practice needs.
Your website design must include fresh content, a bio page, an online bookings/appointments page, reviews, and call-to-action prompts. It is also important that your website establishes and showcases your brand.
Grow your practice with ADMS today!
Advanced Digital Media Services is a website designer in Clearwater, FL, that can create a website for your dental practice that is intuitive, fast, and full of features that patients will love. It also optimizes its content for SEO, which can help you get the highest ROI. Customize your website, reflect your brand, and grow your practice with the right web design services.
ADMS understands web design for dentists and has the resources and experience to help your dental practice garner long-term patients. Contact us today for more information on how we can help your practice succeed!